Monday, October 14, 2013

Our 6th Year...

So... I have been inspired to start a blog.  Not sure why... maybe as a way to journal important moments that maybe one day I'll forget and want to remember. Maybe a way to leave small impressions in the lives around me, prayerfully always for the positive. Maybe a way to express myself in a way I don't normally. A way to use words to create something as I don't view myself as a very creative person.  Maybe to feel as if I  am more multi-faceted than what I seem. I really don't know except that it's been something I have contemplated for a while and it seems to me that if it's going to keep coming back then I should just do it! I hope to write meaningful words, thoughts, dreams, revelations, memories and moments that are worth reading.  
I like the idea of leaving something behind that my children can go back and read and seeing as so many of my journals from the past are either missing or not worth reading...maybe this can be it. I guess barring that google sticks around for another 80 years, :)
So what shall my first blog really be about...

WEll... Today is my 6th year wedding anniversary to my amazing husband, +DJ Marcussen . He wasn't always my favorite...but he sure is now.  I love so much about him it would take too long to write.  We entered our marriage on faith which held us together for the first 2 years, maybe 3...And every year has blossomed more into a the treasured gift God meant for us when He destined us for each other.  This past year, I must admit, has been my favorite yet.  He grows more into the Man God created him to be which grows me more into the Woman created for him.  How do you put a limit on what you are willing to do or say or change to have the most complete Union and Oneness you'll ever experience with another person?
 I think a lot of people try and create that with their children because they are so easy to love and naturally bond with, but I don't believe it can ever match the Oneness you are meant to have with your spouse.  It leaves many marriages feeling a void, a distance, a barrier between the two that started the family and the family should encircle around.  The husband and wife were designed for each other to fulfill a special and unique plan and purpose together. Why else would he have a desire to win and provide and forge the world to make "something" of himself? And the wife was gifted him as one who will help him fulfill his Mission which is what submission is really all about. (I know... scary, misunderstood word by most. I've been there) Both are equally as important to the Mission and then the children come along to continue the Mission in their own plans and purposes. That's why we are called to raise them with such care, so they are prepared.  But they are not Our missions as Husband and Wife...They are apart of it. 
That being said... here's to another 50+ years of being married to the man God gave to me and the determination he had in pursuing me until I was forever his. I love you, respect you, Honor you, and Appreciate you! You are the start to My Life of Dreams!

Your,
Katie O'Lovely







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the idea of you doing a blog. You have the gift of words & communication. I look forward to reading what your thinking in that great mind of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Michelle! You have such amazing insight to offer. I am excited to read more :-)

    ReplyDelete